Saturday, February 16, 2013

In the Moment

The past 2 months I have come to realize something very crucial about myself.  A character flaw I would even say.  I am only an "in the moment" kind of person.  I have literally sat down at this computer for hours and have tried with all my might to write a post.  But if it has been over 4 days since what I wanted to write about happened, than it is almost impossible for me to actually do it.  It is really sad, because I had so many great things that I wanted to write about.  And maybe one day I will get to them.  Which beings up my #1 character flaw; procrastination.  It is ridiculously hard to hit that 4 day mark when I could win the title of "World's Best Procrastinator."
But everything is about to change. (ignoring the voice inside my head saying, "yeah Right," in a drunk sounding laugh)  I know, how many times will I be saying this.  But at least I keep trying, right? That has got to say something good about me.  But seriously I have to start writing for real now; because of my awesome new internship!

My new amazing, jaw-droppingly cool Internship
What is it you might ask?  Well, I will now be interning at the Daily News, which is a Southern Utah newspaper.  I have only been there one day but it was literally love at first sight.  For the first 3-4 weeks I will be shadowing 2 writers; running around town investigating news, giving interviews, photographing everything.  And than for the rest of the months, I will be running crazy around town by myself and actually be allowed to write my own stories about whatever I want! Which will of course be published in the newspaper!

So that is why I need to start writing on this blog, because obviously I need to touch up on my writing skills.  I seem to have lost a lot of whatever was there in the first place.  (any english gurus feel free to critique and give feedback) Rewind to 1st paragraph; now this is why I have to constantly write in order have things to write about.  Because my mind won't let me write about things that are sooo yesterday. My subconscious is such a snob.

No comments:

Post a Comment