Sunday, December 9, 2012

Life

I feel that my life is kind of a sick joke.  Those who know my life might or might not agree.  But I feel like I am being constantly pushed down again and again.  That there is some malicious force who enjoys throwing things at me just so they can laugh every time I fall down.  And maybe there is.  Don't get me wrong, my life is great and I love it.  But there is always something.
For example, on Thursday I found out that I got accepted to Southern Utah University and I won the very prestigious Sterling Scholar award for Social Science at my school.  Yet on the same day a very sweet and beautiful daughter of God passed away.  It broke all of our hearts.  I just feel so blessed and privileged that she was allowed in my life.  Because I learned so much from her.
So, understandably, it has been hard to think about and be happy for the good things that have happened to me.  I feel like it's always like this for me.  And than I realized.  That this is just how life works.  It will always be like this, so I better get used to it.  I need to just remember and cherish the good things more and quickly get through the downs of life so I can experience more of the great things.

So more on Brittany Lacy (the girl who passed away) and the Sterling Scholar later.  This was about all I could write today.

No comments:

Post a Comment