Monday, November 12, 2012

I am being Dictated.


So I have been a little busy for the past few months.  Or to more accurately say, I am a slacker.  And a big one at that.  But this is my last year here that I will truly be with my family.  So to quiet my guilty conscious I am going to write again.  (Not that I ever wrote in the first place, but we're not going to dwell on the past.)
My life is hectic.  No joke here.  My life is run by a clock.  I am constantly running from place to place, usually looking liking a chicken with it's head cut off, trying to accomplish the things that I am supposed to do.  Let me give you a brief inside on what i am talking about;
Monday: Wake up at 6 am, read and study.  Get back in bed at 640 because i am so tired. 7 am re-awaken to read scriptures with my family. 715 rush to get ready for school. leave for school at 730. (needless to say, i will not be winning any awards on my appearance this year) 
 class starts at 750 am until 240 pm.  This is where i rush home to work on homework for a few minutes, scarf down a quick meal. than leave for work at 330. There I am submitted to detestable and cruel punishment. making food and dealing with hungry people (which is the worst kind)  I endure this for about 7 or so hours, get home around 11 pm.  Take a shower.  finish homework and go to bed.  Only to wake up on time the next morning and do it all over again.  and again.  and again. 
When I work over 30 hours a week my life gets crazy.  I am constantly checking the time, awaiting the inevitable task of where I have to go next or what I have to do. (and keep in mind, this is all without my church callings and responsibilities, my volunteering at CCWCC, or family and friend time.) 
I am at the mercy of a cruel, cold-hearted tyrant...the blasted clock.  And in case I wasn't clear, it has no mercy.
But forgiving the glorious rant I just had, let me add a few perks that are coming up.
Firstly, I am backing down on work, only 10-15 hours a week.  
Second, I am finally beginning to volunteer at CCWCC way more often.  Which I am so excited about and love doing!
Third, I am no longer the Laurel president.  I finally had to tell my advisor that I would not be able to keep up and still contribute and do everything that I was doing. (for those who know me, I loved to be involved and usually had some huge church project going on, but I just don't have time anymore.)
And last but not least.  I can definitely see the improvement in myself because of waking up and reading my scriptures and becoming more spiritually sure of myself.  I love where it is going!
p.s. one more thing.  The holidays are speedily approaching!!!!!  I love this time of year!  This alone helps get me through a particular depressing work day :)



3 comments:

  1. You are one busy woman! You might be busy but at least you aren't sitting around watching Jersey Shore like most people your age ;). I did not know you volunteered at a crisis center. Sometime you need to blog about that so we can know more about your volunteer work. I wish I was HALF as together, productive, and AMAZING as you are when I was your age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brook! But trust me, I am not put together at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just remembered you said you'd start blogging again, so I"m catching up. I so enjoyed having you come and I hope that was a nice break - even though I have a feeling it may not have helped with the tired issues seeing as we all stayed up way too late way too many nights watching zombies of all things!!! :)

    ReplyDelete